FESBC is looking for an new instructor
The Fenestration Education Society of BC (FES-BC) is seeking a part time qualified instructor to deliver they glazier apprentice program at a location in Langley BC, to begin January 5, 2015.
The Glazier Apprentice course is a Red Seal interprovincial industry funded training program. The Glazier Apprentice program has three levels. Apprentices are required to complete all levels of training and work in the industry for 6400 hours prior to writing their Interprovincial Red Seal exam to be accepted as a journeyperson.
Your duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Professionally manage the learning process of glazier apprenticeship students to ensure the students achieve their learning objectives and maximize their potential.
- Utilizing available resources, methods, techniques and strategies to ensure student success, and working collaboratively with colleagues to create a learning environment which is educationally sound, technically supported and innovative.
- Organize field trips and outside activities
- Oversee the rental of necessary equipment
- Organize the transfer of materials from contractors and suppliers
- Use of a computer for some of the delivery of course material and presentations.
- When you are not instructing a class you will be developing journeyperson upgrading seminars and workshops
- Working with the Executive Director of FES-BC to develop recruitment practices
- Attend career fairs, open communications with high school counselors and offer your time to provide information to in school/class seminars.
- Reviewing the curriculum annually to ensure relevancy to the current status of the industry.
- Show personal interest in the learner and create a climate conducive to optimal learning.
The candidates will possess:
- A BC CofQ with a Red Seal Endorsement or a CofQ from another province with a Red Seal Endorsement
- A minimum of 10 years working in the industry as a journeyperson
- A minimum of 5 years in a managerial position (foreman, supervisor)
- It is preferred (but not required) that the instructor possesses or is working towards an Instructors Diploma or a BA in Teaching.
- Teaching experience in a technical institute, education degree or educational training would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The candidates should possess computer skills in word-processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
Successful candidates must provide proof of qualifications. Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to Zana Gordon at email@example.com
- See more at: http://www.fes-bc.org/jobs#sthash.ns6er16T.dpuf
The Fenestration Education Society of BC (FES-BC) is seeking a part time qualified instructor to deliver they glazier apprentice program at a location in Langley BC, to begin January 5, 2015. - See more at: http://www.fes-bc.org/jobs#sthash.ns6er16T.dpuf