Join our Team! Learn, Develop and Grow!
At QAI you will have the opportunity to put your experience and knowledge to the test, make a difference in people's lives through the work we do, while building a rewarding career. In our pursuit of excellence, we engage some of the brightest minds in the industry to maintain our position as a premier Inspection, Testing and Certification provider.
QAI has an exciting career opportunity in our Fenestration Department. The Inside Sales - (Door and Window) position will play a key role in promoting QAI's testing and energy performance services by offering solutions to window, door and skylight manufacturers to show conformance to Canadian and US regulations.
The Inside Sales position is highly customer service focused and the ideal candidate would be someone who is an active listener, provides superior customer service, has a positive attitude, proactively generates new business opportunities, strive in a team environment and has a desire to continuously learn.
If you are looking to LEARN, DEVELOP and GROW with a forward-thinking, global company apply now and start your journey with us today!
Founded in 1994 by a group of experienced certification and testing experts, QAI is an independent third-party testing, inspection and certification organization which serves the building industry, government and individuals with cost effective solutions through our in-house capabilities / services, and an established world-wide network of qualified affiliates. The QAI name and logo have become well recognized throughout the Certification world resulting in steady growth of our Certification, Testing, and Inspection business streams.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT AND POSITION:
QAI offers Energy Performance and Testing solutions to help window, door, and skylight manufacturers prove conformance to Canadian and US regulations. These programs include the testing of a typical production samples in-lab, testing specific products on job sites, simulating the energy performance of products, as well as certification and verification programs to allow the use of the QAI label and to prove ongoing conformance.
The Codes and Standards that you will be working with are:
- National Building Code of Canada and other respective provincial codes
- AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2 A440 -North American Fenestration Standard/Specification for windows, doors, and skylights - (commonly referred to as the NAFS standard) including the Canadian supplement.
The successful candidate will perform, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Responsible for selling QAI fenestration services to manufacturers of doors, windows, and skylights. This will include selling to both new and existing clients
- Become familiar with the NAFS Standard including the Canadian supplement (CSA A440 S1), the energy performance requirements for fenestration products, and other standards as required
- Identify potential clients via research and networking
- Service our large existing client base with their ongoing testing and certification needs
- Prepare, issue and follow up on proposals/quotes specifying applicable services, fees and credit terms
- Attend/participate in industry tradeshows and associations such as FEN-BC
- Work with clients to determine the scope of work and work closely with QAI technical staff to position the service package
- Maintain quote/order and lead levels in a sales database (Sugar CRM)
- Facilitate all sales transactions, completing all necessary tasks, paperwork and project assignment
- Support marketing in the development of brochures, newsletters, videos and educational content for the BP department
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will:
- Have the aptitude for providing a superior level of customers service in a complex and often demanding business environment
- Has demonstrated a strong ability to build internal relationships with supporting technical staff
- College Diploma or Business Degree
- Professional with 1-3 years of B2B sales experience
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and superior presentation skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently and with team members. MUST be self-motivated and assertive
- Ability to travel (~10%)
- Experience working within the testing/certification industry.
- Knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada and/or the North American Fenestration Standard (NAFS)
- Experience coordinating client needs with diverse internal teams (engineering, operations, marketing)
- Possess the ability to read and understand policies, regulations, and standards
Candidates must hold a valid driver's license and valid passport or be able to obtain a valid passport and be able to travel to international locations.
QAI Laboratories offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary and commissions, medical, dental, educational assistance program, sick days, vacation, other paid leaves, etc.
Applicants can forward resume to email@example.com. Please note that applications will only be accepted when emailed in MS Word or PDF format and must have a job-specific cover letter. Please be sure to include the QAI job number in the subject line.