Thursday, April 15th, 2021
|RSVP Date:||Tuesday, April 13th, 2021|
|Non-Member Fee:||$ 52.50|
New developments in laminating interlayer technology have expanded design options in the areas of structural glass performance. The ionoplast interlayer was originally developed to improve the performance of laminated glass going through large missile impact and pressure cycling testing. Subsequently, the stiffness characteristics of this interlayer have proven to be beneficial in the design of glass flooring and stair treads, balustrades, point-supported facades, canopies, and skylights. This presentation will explore the use of the ionoplast interlayer for safety and security in a variety of commercial, institutional, educational, and healthcare applications through case studies such as the skywalk at the Grand Canyon and the exterior glass façade at Lincoln Center in New York.
• Learn about the benefits and history of laminated glass
• Identify the added benefits of ionoplast interlayers, including daylighting
• Identify building code requirements for various glass applications
• Learn how software design tools address laminated glass strength & deflection
• Learn about the latest developments and performance benefits of structural interlayers
Costs: FENBC Members no cost
Costs: Non-Members = $50 per session. Must be paid be you can attend the webinar.